Wednesday 25 July 2012

HR magazine commission




I drew an illustration for the July issue of HR magazine to accompany a very interesting article on flexible working - working from home. The art director had a clear idea of what they wanted which was a rather traditional doll house with a modern office and no people in the image at all. Placing the house on a hill was my idea based on the fact that no matter how beautiful the surroundings, working from home can often be lonely.

I found it easy to engage with the article since sometimes I work from home too and I'm familiar with the pros and cons. What I wasn't aware of prior to reading the article was that companies now embrace flexible working and give their employees the choice of either working in the office or home. You can read the article here. Photos of the printed illustration coming soon (I am in Cyprus at the moment and it will take a few days for it to arrive from the UK).