Tuesday 29 May 2012

Shiva and Vishnu



I've been doing some research for a narrative I am writing and found these beautiful images. The first one is Shiva and Vishnu as one being and the second one shows the Trimurti (Hindu Triad) - Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - with their wives. In Hindu philosophy Brahma creates the Universe, Vishnu protects and Shiva destroys it.





I've also been looking at beautiful yoga poses to animate and have to admit that the handstand scorpion is one of my favourites. I have asked my yoga teacher whether she knows anybody who can perform this pose so that I can observe how one gets in and out of it and it seems there is nobody in Brighton. I could always use Kino's videos as references but it would be nice to see it from different angles. I definitely find it one of the most impressive and visually interesting yoga poses.

No comments: